There are legal casinos in Europe, but they vary significantly in terms of their availability, features, and pricing. In general, European online casinos offer a wider variety of games than those found in the United States, but they also tend to be more expensive.
The majority of legal European casinos are based in the UK, although there are some located in other countries such as France and Spain. The biggest names in the industry include GVC Gaming (owned by Ladbrokes), William Hill, and Betsson (both owned by Star Group). All three offer a wide range of popular games, plus a selection of live casino titles. Players can also access an array of bonus offers and free trials.
European gamblers must be aged 18 or over to register with a legal online casino, although some operators allow underage players to play through parental controls. Certain jurisdictions within Europe have imposed stricter laws on gambling activities, which means that certain types of gambling (such as bingo) may not be available at all EU-licensed sites.
Win the Jackpot
- There are a few basic rules of casino play: always gamble with real money, be aware of your bankroll and play only with reputable casinos.
- Never put all your eggs in one basket by gambling with too much money at one time. Always make sure you have enough funds available to cover any losses you might suffer.
- To avoid becoming a victim of fraud, always do your research before playing at an online casino (we recommend České Casina for players in the Czech Republic) and remember that there is no such thing as a fool-proof system when it comes to taking risks with your money.
- Finally, be sensible about how often you visit casinos – if you’re not enjoying yourself then it’s probably not worth staying logged on for hours on end!
The Best Games
- Roulette: Roulette is a casino game that uses a wheel with numbered pockets. The player bets on one of the numbers in one of the pockets and if their bet is correct, they receive whatever money is in that pocket. If the player’s bet isn’t correct, then the money is lost.
- Baccarat: Baccarat is a popular casino game that involves dealing cards and trying to win by guessing the card held by the other player.
- Craps: Craps is a game that is played with two dice. The dice are tossed and the player can either choose to bet on the number that will come up or on the point value of the throw. The bets for craps range from $0.
- Blackjack: There are a few basic strategies for playing blackjack that can help you have a better chance. When playing with someone else, always try to stay consistent with your betting habits and odds, as this will give you an advantage over the other player. One strategy is to split pairs and tens (two cards of the same rank).
Problem gambling is a term used to describe any form of gambling that leads to problems such as financial instability, social dysfunction, and addiction. It affects around 2% of the population in the UK but can be much more common among certain groups.
The most common problem gambler is male, aged between 18 and 34 years old, earns £15-£30 per week, and has no other serious mental health issues. They are usually able to stop gambling temporarily when they have money troubles or when they feel stress from their work or personal lives, but they are likely to start again when those problems go away.
When it comes to casinos, there are two types of gamblers: high rollers and low rollers.
Live Dealer Casinos
High roller casinos cater to those who are willing to bet large sums of money in the hope of winning big. These casinos often have more luxurious surroundings and offer better odds than their lower-priced counterparts. For example, a $10 bet at a regular casino would return about $1 in profit for the house, but at a high roller casino that same $10 bet could bring in up to $5 in profits.
Low roller casinos are designed for those who are not comfortable betting large sums of money or who simply don’t want the added risk that comes with playing at a high roller casino. Low rollers can find plenty of options available at most standard casinos, and many even offer free play so they can try before they buy.
No matter how good your poker skills may be, you cannot win if you do not have enough money in the bank. To make the most of your casino experience, it is important to manage your bankroll effectively.
Before playing any game at the casino, determine what your budget will be for the day. This will help you stay within your limits while still enjoying yourself. If you exceed your budget, try to scale back on certain games or spend less on others. If one game starts going bad and you are losing more money than usual, it is ok to make an adjustment and switch to another game.